Japanese Fried Chicken Wings. Chicken wings are egged and fried in butter, then baked in a tangy sauce of soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and salt. Mix the oil and check the temperature using a cooking thermometer or cooking chopsticks. Drain chicken; pat dry with paper toweling.
The spiciness from the generous amount of pepper makes this dish so unique. An authentic Tebasaki recipe shared by the Nagoya International Center. Tebasaki are seasoned deep-fried chicken wings and are a specialty food of the Nagoya region of Japan. You can have Japanese Fried Chicken Wings using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Japanese Fried Chicken Wings
- You need 500 g of chicken wings.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 of Japanese Sake (optional).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of grated garlic.
- Prepare of sesame seeds and pepper.
- You need of flour for fry.
Honey can also be used instead of sugar. This doesn't make too much sauce, so make extra if you'd like. Also, mirin is a rice wine similar to sake. Unlike the other Japanese fried chicken, Tebasaki is always made with bone-in chicken wings, has no breading, and is seasoned after it's fried.
Japanese Fried Chicken Wings instructions
- At the supermarket we can buy these chicken wings. Flour chicken wings and fry in vegetable oil until the skin of chicken is so crispy..
- Mix seasonings and put chicken in. Sprinkle sesame seeds and pepper and mix well..
Despite the absence of any significant crust, the wings end up rice cracker crisp thanks to a double-dip into the fryer. Think of these as the Japanese cousin of Buffalo wings, and Korean fried chicken. Crusted Fried and Baked Japanese Chicken Wings Both fried and baked, these sweet and salty Japanese Chicken Wings are super moist and tender on the inside with a golden crispy crust on the outside. Impress your guests with this delicious and gorgeous wing recipe! The wings should be golden brown.