Marble Mushi-pan (Japanese steamed cake).
You can cook Marble Mushi-pan (Japanese steamed cake) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marble Mushi-pan (Japanese steamed cake)
- It’s of Dry.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Hershey's cocoa powder.
- You need 3 tbsp of white sugar.
- You need of Wet.
- You need 2 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 3 tbsp of oat milk.
- You need of Optional.
- Prepare 1 handful of finely chopped peanuts.
Marble Mushi-pan (Japanese steamed cake) instructions
- Before making the batter, you have to step up a pan to steam the cakes. To do this, you have to fill a pan about ½" with water and place on med-high heat. Then, you wrap a kitchen towel around the cover and secure it so that it stays in place. Leave the cover on the pan and slowly let it come to a boil. While you wait, prepare the batter..
- Whisk the baking powder and flour together in a small bowl. In another bowl, add the egg, milk, sugar, and oil. Whisk this mixture together as well. Then, add the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Incorporate evryerthing with a small spatula and be careful not to overmix..
- In another bowl, add about 3 tbsp of batter and mix in with the cocoa powder. Prepare a few ramekins with muffin liners. Add about ¼ cup of the original batter into each lining, then about a tbsp of the chocolate batter to each cake. Using a toothpick or a skewer, swirl the batter for a marbled look. (With the leftover chocolate batter, place in a lining and add some chopped peanuts).
- Reduce the stove to med-low and add in the ramekins. Be careful not to burn yourself since it's very hot. Place the lid back on and let the cakes steam for 12-15 min. Test the cakes by using a toothpick/skewer, and if it comes out clean it's done. Once the cakes are finished steaming, use tongs to take out the ramekins and carefully flip them over so that the muffins come out easily. Enjoy!.