Japanese-Style Mackerel and Prawn Fried Rice.
You can cook Japanese-Style Mackerel and Prawn Fried Rice using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese-Style Mackerel and Prawn Fried Rice
- You need of sesame seeds.
- It’s of nori seaweed.
- You need of good pinch of sea salt flakes.
- You need of vegetable oil.
- Prepare of red onion.
- It’s of medium carrot.
- Prepare of broccoli florets.
- You need of pre cooked and cooled (refrigerated) basmati rice.
- You need of mackerel, drained (if in brine/oil) or rinsed (in sauce).
- You need of defrosted cooked prawns.
- You need of Yakisoba sauce (I use Otafuku brand).
Japanese-Style Mackerel and Prawn Fried Rice instructions
- Start by making the topping to sprinkle over at the end: heat a non-stick frying pan and add the sesame seeds and the cut up nori sheet. Heat until seeds are lightly browned and start to pop..
- Remove to a small food processor, add sea salt flakes and blitz until quite fine. Set aside (any leftover can be kept in a sealed jar in the fridge).
- Peel carrot and onion. Chop vegetables like so….
- Heat oil in a wok until hot. Add the vegetables and stir fry for five minutes or so, adding a splash of water whenever they start to stick..
- Next, add the rice, stir frying to break it up. Again, add a little water if needed..
- When the rice is heated through, add the mackerel and the Yakisoba sauce and stir to combine everything..
- Lastly, add the prawns and heat through using the heat in the food (do not overcook them or they shrink and become tough).
- Finally, serve the food topped with a sprinkling of the nori/ sesame seasoning. Enjoy!.