Fried tofu balls “GANMODOKI" my favourite Japanese dish.
You can cook Fried tofu balls “GANMODOKI" my favourite Japanese dish using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fried tofu balls “GANMODOKI" my favourite Japanese dish
- Prepare 1/2 of Tb.spoon hijiki (dried).
- It’s 20-30 g of carrot.
- You need 1/4 of t.spoon each salt and sugar.
- Prepare 150 g of tofu.
- Prepare 30 g of potato.
- Prepare 1/2 of dessert spoon potato flour or plain flour.
- Prepare 1/2 of t.spoon soy sauce.
- It’s of A pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Vegetable oil to fry.
Fried tofu balls “GANMODOKI" my favourite Japanese dish step by step
- Soak the hijiki in water for 10 – 15 minutes. Then drain..
- Wrap tofu with kitchen paper, place on a plate and microwave 1.5 minutes 700w. You can boil gently for 2 minutes instead of microwaving. Put some weight on the tofu and tilt the plate to extract more water..
- Chop up carrot. Just cover drained hijiki and carrot with water and cook with salt and sugar until tender. Drain..
- In a bowl, beat the egg, grate potato and mix well everything a part from oil. Make sure squeeze water from hijiki and carrot mixture and tofu as much as possible..
- Heat oil about 2cm deep in wok or frying pan. Drop a dessert spoonful of tofu mixture into the oil using the side of bowl to shape. (Press hard against the side of bowl). And fry until golden brown. Drain on newspaper and kitchen paper..
- Suggestion of pouring sauce: water 4 dessert spoons, soy sauce 1 dessert spoon, a sprinkle of dashi stock powder..