Oyakodon (Japanese Chicken & Egg Rice Bowl).
You can have Oyakodon (Japanese Chicken & Egg Rice Bowl) using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oyakodon (Japanese Chicken & Egg Rice Bowl)
- It’s 200 g of chicken thighs/ breast.
- It’s 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- You need of Cooked rice.
- You need 200 ml of dashi stock (you can find instant dashi powder at asian grocery stores).
- You need 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of mirin.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
Oyakodon (Japanese Chicken & Egg Rice Bowl) instructions
- Cut chicken into small bite-size pieces and onion into slices.
- Combine all the seasonings and mix until sugar dissolves.
- Add the seasoning and onions to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken to the pan and let it simmer on medium heat.
- Beat your eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, pour the eggs in and let it cook for around 30 seconds (don’t overcook the eggs, it’s supposed to be runny).
- Pour the chicken over cooked rice, then garnish with finely chopped spring onions, nori/ furikake and enjoy!.