Colourful Sushi Rice Rolls.
You can cook Colourful Sushi Rice Rolls using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Colourful Sushi Rice Rolls
- Prepare 3 cups (180 ml) of cup) Short Grain Sushi Rice.
- Prepare 72 ml of Rice Vinegar.
- Prepare 60 g of Sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Salt.
- It’s 5-6 of Nori (Seaweed Sheets).
- It’s of Fillings of your choice *optional.
- Prepare of *Suggestions: Cucumber, Carrot, Sashimi, Smoked Salmon, Cooked Prawns, Avocado, Pickled Daikon, etc.
- Prepare of Ingredients for Colours.
- You need of Yellow.
- You need of • Boiled Egg Yolks *finely grated or pressed through a sieve.
- You need of • Fine Scrambled Egg.
- It’s of • Thin Omelette *finely chopped.
- It’s of • Pickled Daikon *finely chopped.
- You need of Pink & Orange.
- Prepare of • Cooked Salmon *finely flaked.
- You need of • Canned Salmon *finely flaked.
- Prepare of • Cooked Carrot *grated.
- You need of ‘Tarako’ (Pollock Roe) *cooked and finely crumbled.
- It’s of Purple.
- You need of ‘Yukari’ (Red Shiso Furikake) (see recipe).
- Prepare of Green.
- Prepare of • Cooked Broccoli *finely chopped.
- Prepare of • Cooked Spinach *finely chopped.
- You need of • Avocado *mashed.
- Prepare of • ‘Aonori’ (Dried Green Laver Flakes).
Colourful Sushi Rice Rolls instructions
- Cook Rice as normal and allow it to steam for 10 minutes..
- Make Sushi Vinegar by mixing Rice Vinegar, Sugar and Salt. Pour it over the HOT rice in the pot and mix well. Divide the rice into required number of portions and place each portion in a separate bowl. Cover with damp cloths to stop the rice drying out..
- Add colouring ingredients and mix well. Today I used 2 Eggs (finely scrambled), 60g canned Red Salmon, 1 teaspoon ‘Yukari’ and 60g Broccoli..
- Place a sheet of Nori on Makisu (bamboo mat). Spread out the Sushi Rice on the Nori sheet as shown in the picture. You need to leave some empty space at the end..
- Tightly roll up..
- You can roll with some fillings. Place some fillings on the rice, lift the nearest end of Makisu and fold over rice and fillings, then press. Pull the Makisu end up and roll it, pressing it a couple of times..
- *Note: The green colour rice in above photos is mixed with Spinach, and yellow rice is mixed with Egg Yolks..
- Once all rolls have been rolled, cut into bite sized pieces with a sharp knife. The knife becomes very sticky, so you need to wipe it frequently with a wet cloth or paper towel..