Pandan Glutinuos Rice Ball with Coconut Sugar Filling.
You can cook Pandan Glutinuos Rice Ball with Coconut Sugar Filling using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pandan Glutinuos Rice Ball with Coconut Sugar Filling
- You need of A. Filling (Optional).
- It’s of coconut sugar or palm sugar – cut/dice into the size of tiny matchstick head.
- You need of B. Coconut coating.
- It’s of grated coconut (fresh or frozen grated coconut from Asian grocery store).
- You need of white sugar.
- It’s of salt.
- It’s of C. Glutinous rice balls.
- It’s of glutinous rice flour.
- It’s of Pandan paste or any food coloring.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Note:.
- You need of This traditional dessert is made with fresh or frozen grated coconut. Frozen grated coconut is available from Asian and Indian grocery stores.
Pandan Glutinuos Rice Ball with Coconut Sugar Filling instructions
- A – Cut/dice coconut sugar into tiny cubes..
- B – Heat a deep pan on medium heat. Stir in grated coconut. Fry without oil until you see tint of light brown, very light brown. Add pinch of salt and 1 1/2 tbsp of sugar. Mix until well combined, then remove from the heat. Transfer to a plate and keep aside..
- C – In a mixing bowl, start by mixing glutinous rice flour and food colouring of your choice with 1/2 cup of water. Mix well and add water little by little until you have a soft pliable dough. Roll dough into small balls. Flatten balls and add tiny cube or small crumb of coconut sugar. Seal neatly and roll it again into ball..
- Cooking – In the mean time, pour enough water in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a good boil. Drop your glutinous rice ball into boiling water. Cooked balls will float. Remove from the water, and roll these balls on grated coconut..
- Coat each ball with sweet grated coconut. Serve..