Japanese soft and fluffy condensed milk bread.
You can have Japanese soft and fluffy condensed milk bread using 14 ingredients and 24 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Japanese soft and fluffy condensed milk bread
- You need of For the bread dough.
- You need 250 g of Bread flour.
- You need 3 g of Salt.
- Prepare 28 g of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of Instant dry yeast.
- Prepare 110 ml of Whipping cream.
- You need 70 ml of Water.
- Prepare 18 g of Milk powder.
- It’s 22 g of Unsalted butter.
- It’s of For the condensed milk filling.
- Prepare 45 g of Unsalted butter (softened).
- You need 30 g of Condensed milk.
- It’s of Baking utensils.
- It’s 6 of -inch chiffon cake pan.
Japanese soft and fluffy condensed milk bread step by step
- In a mixer bowl, combine bread flour, sugar, salt, dry yeast, whipping cream, water and milk powder, leaving the unsalted butter for later use..
- Using the dough hook attachment, knead the bread on Speed 2 to gently mix the ingredients for 15-30 seconds..
- Gradually raise the speed to Speed 4, then knead for 5 minutes..
- When the dough begins to form a ball, do a windowpane test: when you pull out the dough, it should be smooth and elastic, and as it tears apart, the holes should have rough edges..
- Add in unsalted butter..
- Continue to knead at Speed 4 for 10mins..
- Do a windowpane test again. This time, the dough should be easily stretched out without breaking it. If this happens, the dough is ready to rise..
- Take out the dough from the mixer bowl and shape it into a ball..
- Place it into a mixer bowl, cover it with cloth or cling film and proof it for 1hr (or until double in size) in room temperature..
- When the dough is rising, prepare the condensed milk filling..
- In a bowl, mix unsalted butter (softened in room temperature) and condensed milk together..
- Wrap it with cling film and keep it chilled in the fridge so that it’ll be easier to handle when shaping the bread later..
- After 1 hour, take out the dough and check if it has properly proofed. Dip your finger with some flour and make a dent in the dough. If it doesn’t bounce back, this means it has properly proofed.
- Pat the dough to release air bubbles..
- Roll the dough into a rectangular shape with dimensions of 30cm x 24cm..
- Wrap it with cling film and transfer it to the freezer. Freeze it for 30mins..
- After 30 mins, take out the hardened dough and flatten it with a rolling pin..
- Take out the condensed milk filling from the fridge then spread it evenly over the dough..
- Divide the dough into half. Stack it up then cut into half again. Stack it up then cut into cubes..
- Arrange the dough cubes in a greased 6-inch chiffon cake pan..
- Proof it for the 2nd time in room temperature for 1 hr..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 5mins then lower the temperature to 160°C and bake it for another 20mins..
- Unmold immediately after baking to avoid the steam from making the bread wet..
- Serve warm with a cup of fresh milk or coffee!.