Fluffy jiggly Japanese cheesecake.
You can have Fluffy jiggly Japanese cheesecake using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fluffy jiggly Japanese cheesecake
- It’s 7 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 100 g of cream cheese.
- It’s 130 ml of milk.
- Prepare 8 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 60 g of flour.
- Prepare 60 g of cornstarch.
- Prepare 13 of egg whites.
- Prepare 130 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare of hot water, for baking.
Fluffy jiggly Japanese cheesecake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius..
- In a small pot over medium heat, whisk together the butter, cream cheese, and milk until melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and let cool..
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth, then slowly drizzle in the cream cheese mixture, stirring until evenly combined..
- Sift in the flour and the cornstarch, whisking to make sure there are no lumps..
- In another large bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add the sugar while continuing to beat until stiff peaks form..
- Fold about 1/4 of the egg whites into the batter, then repeat with the remaining egg whites until the batter is evenly combined..
- Grease the bottom of a round cake pan, then line the bottom and sides with parchment paper. If using a springform pan, make sure to wrap the bottom and sides completely in foil twice to prevent any leakage..
- Pour the batter into the pan and shake to release any air bubbles..
- Place the pan into a larger baking dish lined with 2 paper towels at the bottom. Fill the larger pan about 2 cm with water..
- Bake for 25 minutes, then reduce the heat to 140 degrees Celsius, and bake for another 55 minutes, until the cake has risen to almost double it’s original height..