You can have Oats Okonomiyaki using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oats Okonomiyaki
- You need 1-2 of Cabbage Leaves *about 80g, thinly sliced.
- It’s 60 g of Prawns, Ham, Sausage OR other protein *cut into small pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Quick Oats OR Rolled Oats.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Water.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of Dashi Powder.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- It’s of Oil for cooking.
- It’s of Okonomiyaki Sauce.
- You need of Japanese Mayonnaise.
- You need of Aonori, Katsuobushi (Bonito Flakes), Benishoga (Pickled Ginger) *optional.
Oats Okonomiyaki instructions
- Place thinly sliced Cabbage and Prawns (OR other protein) in a mixing bowl..
- Place Quick Oats and Water in a heat-proof bowl, add Dashi Powder and Salt, and mix well. Cook in the microwave until thick. It doesn’t need to be cooked completely. It needs to be thickened..
- Add the cooked (OR half-cooked) Oats to the Cabbage, mix well, then add Egg and mix to combine..
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over medium heat, spread the mixture to form a large pancake. Cook for 2-3 minutes. When the bottom is nicely browned, flip the pancakes over, and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the other side is also nicely browned. You may flip the pancakes over a few times while cooking. *Note: Use a plate to flip over as this Okonomiyaki is very soft..
- Place the pancake on a plate, and dress with Okonomiyaki Sauce and Japanese Mayonnaise. Sprinkle with Aonori, and other toppings if you like..