You can have Salad Chirashi-zushi using 24 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Salad Chirashi-zushi
- It’s of Sushi Rice.
- Prepare 2 cups of (*180ml cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice.
- It’s 50 ml of Rice Vinegar.
- You need 40 g of (about 40ml) Sugar.
- Prepare of Slightly less than 1 teaspoon (4g) Salt.
- Prepare of Other Ingredient Suggestions.
- You need of 1. Protein.
- It’s of Ham.
- Prepare of Cooked Prawns.
- It’s of Smoked Salmon.
- You need of Sashimi (Fresh Raw Fish *e.g. Tuna, Salmon, etc.).
- You need of Edamame Beans.
- It’s of Eggs (Thin Omelette Strips, Dry Scrambled, Boiled, etc.) (see recipe).
- It’s of 2. Vegetables.
- It’s of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Cucumber.
- Prepare of Carrot *blanched in salted water.
- It’s of Cherry Tomatoes.
- It’s of Avocado.
- It’s of Snow Peas OR Sugar Snap Peas *blanched in salted water.
- It’s of Asparagus *blanched in salted water.
- It’s of 3. Sauce.
- Prepare of Japanese Mayonnaise & Soy Sauce.
- You need of *Note: You may wish to add some Wasabi.
Salad Chirashi-zushi instructions
- Cook Rice with slightly less amount of water to achieve firmer texture. Make Sushi Vinegar by mixing Rice Vinegar, Sugar and Salt..
- When Rice is cooked and steamed, pour the Sushi Vinegar over the HOT rice, then empty it into a large mixing bowl. Mix it well gently and thoroughly, fanning the rice with a fan or piece of cardboard to help the rice cool quickly. Cover the Rice with a damp cloth to stop the Rice drying out..
- When the Rice is cooled, mix with other ingredients. Some ingredients are more suitable for topping. Decorate Sushi Salad as you like. Mix Japanese Mayonnaise with some Soy Sauce, and drizzle it over OR serve with the sauce..