You can have Enoki Rice using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Enoki Rice
- It’s 300 g of Enoki Mushrooms.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Sake (Rice Wine).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Mirin.
- Prepare 2 cups of (*180ml cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice.
- Prepare 360 ml of Dashi Stock *OR 360ml Water & 1/2 teaspoon Dashi Powder.
- It’s of Topping of your choice *e.g. Spring Onion, Toasted Sesame Seeds, Shichimi (Japanese Chilli Spice Mix), grated Yuzu Rind, etc.
Enoki Rice instructions
- Cut off the brown bottom of Enoki Mushrooms and clean them. Cut into 2 to 3cm length pieces..
- Heat Sake (Rice Wine), Soy Sauce and Mirin in a saucepan, add Enoki, and cook until Enoki is soft and combined with the sauce. It won’t take long at all. Set aside while you are preparing Rice..
- Wash Rice by stirring it thoroughly in water with your hand and drain the water. Repeat this a few more times. Drain well, and place Rice in the rice cooker’s inner pot, and Dashi Stock (OR Water and Dashi Powder)..
- Place the Enoki mixture on top, and press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking. When the rice is cooked, let it steamed for 10 minutes. Then loosen and mix gently..
- Enjoy with some toppings of your choice. Today I added some Spring Onion..