My Japanese Fried Chicken “Kara-age”.
You can have My Japanese Fried Chicken “Kara-age” using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Japanese Fried Chicken “Kara-age”
- You need 700 g of Chicken thigh fillets.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 of medium egg.
- It’s 1.5 tbsp of cooking sake (or white wine).
- Prepare 2.5 tbsp of soya sauce.
- You need 1.5 tsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of grated ginger.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
My Japanese Fried Chicken “Kara-age” step by step
- Remove yellow fat from the chicken thigh fillets with spoon. This helps reducing the smell but it’s not necessary if you don’t mind..
- Cut the chicken about 6-7cm.
- Put the chicken in a bowl and mix well with the sugar and egg then leave 10mins..
- Mix in the ingredients from cooking sake to salt very well and leave it in the fridge for 30mins to 1 hour (longer is better but don’t worry if you don’t have time).
- Mix the flour and corn flour into the seasoned chicken.
- Shape the chicken round and cook in 170-180℃ oil for about 4-5mins..
- Take the chicken out from the pan before it’s completely cooked then set them aside..
- Turn the oil temperature up to 185-190℃ then cook the chicken from step 7 again for 1-2 mins. It makes the batter nice and crunchy!.
- Serve with some vegetables, miso soup and rice. Enjoy!.