Vegan Soy Meat Mazegohan.
You can have Vegan Soy Meat Mazegohan using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Soy Meat Mazegohan
- Prepare 2 cups of (*180ml cup) Japanese short grain rice.
- Prepare 4-5 of dried whole shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 80 g of dry soy meat *I used fillet type.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 of small piece ginger *cut into fine strips.
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot *cut into thin slices or strips.
- You need 1/4-1/3 cup of edamame beans *optional.
- It’s 1 of spring onion *finely chopped.
- It’s of Toasted sesame seeds.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sugar *alter the amount to suit your taste.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of mirin.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of water that is used to soak shiitake.
Vegan Soy Meat Mazegohan instructions
- Wash Rice and cook as normal..
- Soak dried shiitake in water for 1-2 hours or until soft. It can take quite a long time. When soft, drain and save water. Thinly slice shiitake..
- Soak dry soy meat in plenty of warm water for 30 minutes. Drain and gently squeeze to remove excess water..
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl..
- Heat oils in a frying pan and cook ginger and carrot. Then add shiitake and softened soy meat. Stir-fry for a few minutes..
- Add the sauce and cook until the sauce is thickened and almost gone. Add edamame beans and stir, then mix with cooked rice..
- Sprinkle some chopped spring onion and toasted sesame seeds, and serve..