Potato Salad, Japanese Style.
You can have Potato Salad, Japanese Style using 12 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Potato Salad, Japanese Style
- It’s 500 g of new potato.
- Prepare 1/3-1/4 of cucumber.
- It’s 1/4 of small onion.
- Prepare 3 of radishes.
- Prepare 1/4 of dessert apple.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 tbsp of ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of wholegrain mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of some sesame seeds.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to taste.
Potato Salad, Japanese Style instructions
- Boil the potatoes with skin until soft. Peel them when to be handled in touch. Skin off and put them in a bowl. Cut the cucumber in half and cored the middle of watery part and slice. Sprinkle salt on the cucumber. Leave for 30 minutes. Sliced the onion very thinly and soak in the water for 30 minutes. Slice the radish. I put the veggies in the salted water and left for some time before squeeze the excess water..
- Cucumber, squeeze the excess water. Onion, drain and squeeze the excess water too. All the veggies should be no watery at all. Add all the veggies and apple in the potato bowl. Just add the mayonnaise, ketchup, soy sauce, wholegrain mustard and sesame oil and mix. It is up you that you crush the potato or keep the shape of the potato. It's good idea that you add some sesame seeds in the salad. Sprinkle the sesame seeds on the top..