Oyako-don (Parent-child rice bowl 🐔 🐣).
You can have Oyako-don (Parent-child rice bowl 🐔 🐣) using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Oyako-don (Parent-child rice bowl 🐔 🐣)
- It’s 3 table spoon of Soy sauce.
- It’s 75 ml of Mirin.
- Prepare 100 ml of Dashi soup or chicken stock.
- Prepare of 1 onion.
- Prepare 250 g of chicken breast or thigh.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
Oyako-don (Parent-child rice bowl 🐔 🐣) step by step
- Slice an onion and dice the chicken. If you are using chicken breast, check out the tip to soften the chicken breast 👉 (see tip).
- Start cooking the rice in parallel (see recipe).
- Put soy sauce, water, mirin and sliced onion into a pan and cook them on allow heat until it starts simmering.
- Add in the diced chicken and continue cooking until the chicken turns white.
- Mix 3 eggs gently. Don’t mix it all the way. Probably around 10-15 gentle stir is enough.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add in majority of the egg. Leave some eggs on the side for the end.
- Once the egg is cooked, add in the remainder of the egg. Stop the heat and put the lid on so the egg cooks with the remaining heat.
- Aaaaaand it’s done 🎉 Put it on a bowl of freshly cooked rice..
- Usually you put Japanese wild parsley as the topping but I replaced it with some rocket 🌿.