Honeycomb Bread (Japanese Milk Bread Method).
You can have Honeycomb Bread (Japanese Milk Bread Method) using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Honeycomb Bread (Japanese Milk Bread Method)
- Prepare of Tangzhong mix method.
- You need 3 tbsp of water (43g).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of whole milk (43g).
- You need 3 tbsp of all purpose flour (14g).
- It’s of Dough.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour (300 g).
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar (50g).
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt (5g).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of instant yeast.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk (113g).
- You need 1 of egg OR 2 small eggs.
- It’s 4 tbsp of unsalted melted butter (57g).
- Prepare of Stuffing.
- It’s cubes of Creamy Cheese.
- You need of Egg wash on top mixed with water to make bread golden.
- Prepare of Sesame seeds or Nigela seeds for sprinkling on top.
- You need of Honey spread when honeycomb bread is cooled.
Honeycomb Bread (Japanese Milk Bread Method) instructions
- On a low heat stove, mix the ingredients for the Tanzhong in a sauce pan using a whisk for 3-5 mins till its thick and glue like. Leave at room temperature.
- Add all the dough ingredients in the mixing bowl and add the Tanzhong mix last. Knead with the mixing maching or using your hands till dough mix is smooth and make into a ball shape. Leave the dough to rest by covering with a towel for 60-90 mins.
- Your dough will be puffy, divide the dough into 14 equally shaped balls then place the cheese filling in each of them by wrapping the dough around the cheese and place them in a honeycomb shape in a lightly greased pan (better use a pan that detaches from the bottom, like a cheesecake pan), leaving small spaces between them.
- Cover the dough balls to rest for 30-40 mins only, they will become puffy and stick to each other. After grease them with the egg wash and sprinkle seeds if needed and then bake for 25-30 mins until golden.
- Take your bread out and after it cools down add your honey spread on top (not too much) and enjoy!.