Japanese Kusa (Mugwort) Mochi.
You can cook Japanese Kusa (Mugwort) Mochi using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Japanese Kusa (Mugwort) Mochi
- Prepare 60 g of rice flour (40g rice flour+20g glutinous rice flour is more soft).
- It’s 15 g of sugar.
- Prepare 1 bowl of fresh mugwort.
- You need of water.
- It’s of sweet red bean paste.
Japanese Kusa (Mugwort) Mochi instructions
- I took fresh mugwort from my pot. Boil in hot water with a little salt until softened..
- Soak in water and squeeze. Put mugwort and 50 ml water in food processor and make mugwort juice..
- Mix dry ingredients and mugwort juice and add about 30ml water to make soft batter like this photo..
- Wrap with film and microwave for 60 seconds by 600w. Unwrap the film and mix with spatula and microwave for more 30 seconds..
- Place the Mochi dough on film and knead until very smooth..
- Cover film and spread thinly with rolling pin. Place sweet red bean paste..
- Fold the mochi dough in two and stamp it from above..
- Cut the edge and make good shapes..
- Enjoy with green tea 🍵.