Chicken Katsu with Curry Ketchup Sauce.
You can have Chicken Katsu with Curry Ketchup Sauce using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Katsu with Curry Ketchup Sauce
- You need 500-600 g of Chicken Fillets *Breast fillets recommended.
- It’s of Salt and Pepper.
- You need of Plain Flour.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s of Panko Breadcrumbs.
- Prepare of Oil for frying.
- It’s of Curry Ketchup Sauce.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion *finely chopped.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic *finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Curry Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need 1/4 cup of Ketchup.
- Prepare 1-2 tablespoons of Worcestershire Sauce (Lea & Perrins).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Salt *OR as required.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Ground Chilli *optional, only if more heat is needed.
Chicken Katsu with Curry Ketchup Sauce step by step
- To make the ‘Curry Ketchup Sauce’, heat Oil in a saucepan, cook Onion and Garlic over medium low heat until caramelised, or at least very soft. Add Curry Powder and stir for a minute..
- Then add Water, Ketchup and Worcestershire Sauce. Bring to the simmer and cook until required thickness is achieved. Season with Salt. Add Ground Chilli if more heat is needed..
- Slice Chicken Breast Fillets in half and make them even thickness by flattening the thick parts using a meat mullet or something. *Note: If you use Thigh Fillets, you can’t slice and you don't need to do so, but try to make them even thickness..
- Sprinkle some Salt and Pepper over, and coat with Flour. Then dip in beaten Egg, and finally coat with Panko Breadcrumbs..
- Heat oil to 170℃ and fry until golden and cooked through, place on a rack and drain the oil. Serve with the ‘Curry Ketchup Sauce’ and fresh salad..